FABRICATION OF BED RACKS AND LOCKERS FOR CGC KIMBALL IN HONOLULU, HI
|Agency:||HOMELAND SECURITY, DEPARTMENT OF|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||May 22, 2020|
|Due Date:||May 30, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Special Notice (Original)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-07:00) PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, LOS ANGELES, USA
- Original Published Date: May 20, 2020 03:39 pm PDT
- Original Response Date: May 30, 2020 08:00 am PDT
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after response date
- Original Inactive Date: Jun 14, 2020
- Original Set Aside: Total Small Business Set-Aside (FAR 19.5)
- Product Service Code: J019 - MAINT/REPAIR/REBUILD OF EQUIPMENT- SHIPS, SMALL CRAFT, PONTOONS, AND FLOATING DOCKS
- NAICS Code: 336611 - Ship Building and Repairing
Place of Performance:
Honolulu , HI 96819USA
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6 as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. Request for Quotations number is HSCG85-20-Q-P45C6400 and is issued as a request for quotations (RFQ). This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotations are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. This Request for Quotations incorporates provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-84 dated Nov 1, 2015. The NAICS Code is 336611. The Small Business Size Standard is 1250. This is a total small business set aside. All responsible sources may submit proposals that will be considered by the agency. The contract will be awarded on a firm-fixed-price basis using simplified acquisition procedures in accordance with FAR Part 13.5.
**For purposes of evaluation and award, Past Performance is considered to be more important than Price.
The United States Coast Guard Surface Force Logistics Center has a requirement for the following:
COAST GUARD CUTTER KIMBALL
Berthing Upgrade SOW
The following is a description of the Statement of Work (SOW) required for the berthing upgrades on the WMSL Cutters. The intent of these upgrades is to provide additional berths onboard the cutter and to add coffin lockers. Due to as-built differences of the location of an escape trunk on the 2nd deck, there are slight variations between the BERTHOLF and STRATTON for the SOW breakdown.
(add 17 new berths)
(add 17 new berths)
New Furniture – requirements:
- 3-high berths w/ lockers: Similar to navy catalog Berth, Modular, Crew and Troop: Type I (3-high, 3-lockers). Sized to fit an envelope of Length: 82”; Width: 33”; Height (3-high): 90.25” (max height over deck, including any required sub base). Similar to Navy furniture catalog Type 1, style 1, size 2; however, navy standard width is narrower then desired at 27-3/4” wide.
- 2-High berths w/ lockers: Similar to Berth, modular, CPO: Type XIII (2-high, 2-lockers) to fit a size envelope of Length: 82”; Width: 33”; Height (2-high): 78”. The berth should be similar to Navy Type XIII, Style 3, Size 4; though navy standard height and width are smaller than desired. Clearance over mattress should be even for both berths and no less than 22-24”
- Lockers: To fit a size envelope of Width: 24”; Depth: 22”; Height: 75”. Similar to navy furniture catalog locker, Clothing SFC: B-2B-13 (Drawing no 803-6397307), Type 12. Purpose is to provide full width hanging space for personnel effects and a minimum number of large shelves at top or bottom for shoes, boots, or other bulky items.
Specific Berth Features:
- Coffin Locker with integrated EEBD Stowage
- Curtain and Curtain track on one long side, solid panels on other three sides.
- Mattress: 5” inner spring mattress (min) (mattress details provided for reference only; SOW and PO do not include purchase/procurement of mattresses)
- Berth light with single accessory 110V outlet
- Fan Unit
- Access Ladder, Aluminum
- Berth and locker construction should be aluminum
- Navy catalog type and style references are for guidance and example only. The berths are not required to meet those navy drawings if alternate commercial design provides the features required within the maximum envelope.
- Size envelope is maximum dimensions – It is preferred for the crew comfort to maintain the same size berth as existing, if feasible. Small variations on size may be acceptable within the provided envelope to match manufacturing requirements.
- Height envelope specified includes sub-base.
- All decks flat with no shear or camber
- Berths should be provided with all required installation guidance/instructions and all required wiring diagrams.
Offerors shall submit quotes as follows –
Date: MAY 14th, 2020
Time: 0800 Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Each Offeror shall furnish the information required by the solicitation, which includes:
Section 1: Price quote including cost breakdown.
Section 2: Past Performance / References Proposal (This section should include the offerors completed representations and certifications.); and
Section 3: Any issued amendments to the solicitation.
ANTICIPATED AWARD DATE: The contract is expected to be awarded on or about 09/14/2019.
QUESTIONS: The last day to ask questions will be September 10th, 2018, 0800 Pacific Standard Time (PST). Questions shall be submitted via e-mail to William.A.Swordjr@uscg.mil. After this date, unless amended, questions will not be accepted.
For information regarding this solicitation, please contact WILLIAM SWORD, 510-637-5901.
Please Note: Amendments to this solicitation will be publicized in the same manner as the initial synopsis and solicitation.
11. Questions and quotes shall be emailed to William.A.Swordjr@uscg.mil. Contractors are responsible for verifying receipt of quotes.
INTERESTED VENDORS PLEASE SEND OFFICIAL QUOTE, WITH A SAM.GOV REGISTERED DUNS NUMBER, AND EMAIL TO William.A.Swordjr@uscg.mil.
- COAST GUARD ISLAND, BLDG 50-7
- ALAMEDA , CA 94501
- William A. M. Sword
- Phone Number 5106375901
- Anthony J. Andaluz
- Phone Number 5106375980
- May 20, 2020 03:39 pm PDTSpecial Notice (Original)
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.